Since its first Wills and Trusts Week in the fall of 2011, the Orange Catholic Foundation has had as one of its primary goals to encourage everyone to have an estate plan designed to provide for the needs of their families.
Each year in the spring and fall, the Orange Catholic Foundation works in collaboration with parishes and schools throughout the Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange to provide information sessions led by local Catholic estate planning attorneys and financial advisors to help you protect and provide for your loved ones, update or create your estate plan, and learn more about wills, trusts, estate taxes, probate expenses, guardianship of minor children, selection of personal representatives, and more.
For convenience, the Foundation offers a series of morning and evening seminars that are scheduled at local parishes across the diocese.
While learning how to effectively plan a legacy, attendees at these sessions receive answers to such questions as:
- Who will make my healthcare decisions if I am no longer able to act on my own behalf?
- Who will have the power to manage our finances if we are no longer able to manage our property or financial affairs?
- What is the difference between a will and a trust?
- What happens if I pass away without an updated estate plan?
- What are the advantages of pre-planning for my funeral expenses?
- How can we leave a legacy of faith?
- Who should we appoint as our trustees and successor trustees?
- Who will be the guardian of my dependent children or child with special needs if something happens to me?
The Orange Catholic Foundation warmly welcomes all who are interested in attending one of the upcoming sessions during the week of May 16 through 21. Times and locations for the spring Wills and Trusts Week are listed in their advertisement in thisissue.
Everyone who attends and completes a basic introductory form will receive a complimentary consultation with both an estate planning attorney and a financial planner within the next six months.
The Orange Catholic Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation and an autonomous pious foundation that exists to serve the Diocese of Orange, including its parishes, schools and overall diocesan mission. The Orange Catholic Foundation plans and conducts major diocesan fundraising programs including the Proud to be Catholic Pastoral Services Appeal (PSA), the For Christ Forever Capital Campaign, the Conference on Business & Ethics, the annual Wills and Trusts Weeks and other special fundraising events. The Foundation also manages endowments and various charitable funds and grants funds according to the donor’s intent.