SNOWY MASON JAR
1. Pour Epsom salt in to a flat container and set aside. Make sure container is wide enough to easily roll mason jar in.
2. Dip sponge brush into mod podge and evenly coat the outside of the mason jar. Do not coat the bottom of the jar or the threaded area on top.
3. Carefully roll mason jar in the Epsom salt, covering thoroughly.
4. Stand upright and let dry overnight.
5. Once dried, wrap top of mason jar with twine and add your holiday finding.
6. Enjoy as-is, or insert a tealight candle to add a little sparkle to your snowy mason jar!
WHAT YOU NEED:
8 oz. mason jar (we used Ball brand)
Holiday findings (we used a holly sprig)
Tealight candle (optional)
ADVENT ACTIVITY JAR
1. Take washi tape and wrap around one end of craft stick. You can do any number of strips! Get creative and mix up your designs to add variety, but be sure to leave room to write the activies.
2. Using the Sharpie, write 24 activities that would be fun to accomplish during the month of December, one on each stick. Activities can be anything you’d like! Here are a few suggestions to get you started: Drink Hot Cocoa with Marshmallows, Donate Toys to Children in Need, Go on a Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt, Make Christmas Cookies, Send a Holiday Card to a Deployed Service Member, Make a Gingerbread House, Say a Prayer for Peace, Deliver Christmas Goodies to a Neighbor, Listen to Christmas Music, Write a Letter to Santa, Donate Canned Goods to a Shelter
3. Place activity sticks in jar. Starting with December 1, choose an activity each day from the jar to do together as a family. When there are no more activities left in the jar, it must be Christmas!
WHAT YOU NEED:
16 oz. mason jar
24 Craft sticks (tongue depressor size)
Holiday-themed washi tape
Fine point Sharpie Marker
TISSUE PAPER ORNAMENTS
1. Cut about 15-20 1-inch wide strips from tissue paper. For an 80 mm ornament, you will want the length to be around 5-6”. For best results, do 2 layers on the ornament.
2. Remove the top of ornament and set aside. This will allow you to hold onto the ornament when applying mod podge.
3. Pour a small amount of mod podge into a plastic cup or other container. You can add more later as needed.
4. Insert index finger into stem of ornament to hold. Dip sponge brush into mod podge and apply one layer all around ornament.
5. Starting at the top of the ornament, take one strip of tissue paper and smooth it onto the ornament. Apply a very thin layer of mod podge on top of the tissue paper to hold in place and carefully smooth out wrinkles. Do not soak the tissue as it will tear.
6. Take another strip of tissue paper and slightly overlap onto the piece already on the ornament. Apply a thin layer of mod podge on top of tissue paper and smooth out wrinkles.
7. Repeat Step #6 until the entire ornament is covered all around with tissue paper.
8. Once first layer of tissue paper is completed, repeat Steps #5 – 7 to apply second layer.
9. (Optional) Apply glitter before letting dry.
10. Let dry overnight and replace top. Trim your tree with your homemade beauties!
WHAT YOU NEED:
Clear plastic ornaments (we used 80 mm ornaments)
Printed tissue paper of your choice
enliu will be at the Sonora Cheer Holiday Boutique on December 5th at Sonora High School. Come shop our unique gifts and décor for the holidays and meet the enliu team!